Bubble baths are a relaxing and enjoyable way to unwind and destress after a long day. They involve filling a bathtub with warm water and adding a bubbly bath product, such as bath bombs, bath salts, or bubble bath liquid, to create a frothy layer of bubbles on the water’s surface.
Bubble baths have been popular for centuries and are a common form of self-care. They can help reduce stress and anxiety, relieve muscle tension, and promote relaxation. Many bubble bath products also contain essential oils or other natural ingredients, which can have added therapeutic benefits.
When taking a bubble bath, it’s important to use caution with the temperature of the water, as overly hot water can cause skin irritation and dehydration. It’s also a good idea to moisturize the skin after the bath to prevent dryness.
Overall, bubble baths can be a wonderful addition to a self-care routine and a great way to unwind and relax. That being said, we all need one from time to time.
There are a variety of products available for creating bubbles in the bath, including bubble bath solutions, bath bombs, and bubble bars. Some bubble baths contain ingredients like essential oils or Epsom salt to further enhance the relaxation and therapeutic benefits. However, it’s important to note that bubble baths may not be suitable for everyone. People with sensitive skin, allergies, or certain medical conditions may need to avoid bubble baths or choose products that are specifically formulated for their needs. Additionally, prolonged exposure to hot water can be drying to the skin, so it’s important to moisturize after a bubble bath and to avoid spending too much time in the tub.
WAYS TO CREATE YOUR BUBBLE HOT TUB?
There are several ways to get bubbles in a bathtub:
- Bubble bath solution: A bubble bath solution is specifically formulated to create lots of bubbles in the bath. You can pour a small amount under running water to create a luxurious foam.
- Bath bombs: Bath bombs are fizzy balls that release color, scent, and sometimes bubbles when placed in water. Some bath bombs contain bubble-creating ingredients like sodium lauryl sulfate to create a foamy bath.
- Bubble bars: Bubble bars are solid bars that you crumble under running water to create bubbles. They usually contain ingredients like sodium bicarbonate and cream of tartar, which react with water to create bubbles.
- Hand soap: In a pinch, you can use a small amount of hand soap or dish soap to create bubbles in the bath. However, it’s important to be careful with this method as these soaps can be harsh on the skin and may cause irritation.
No matter which method you choose, be sure to follow the instructions carefully and use the product as directed to achieve the desired amount of bubbles.
BEST BUBBLE BATH SOLUTIONS?
There are many different bubble bath solutions on the market, and the best one for you will depend on your personal preferences and needs. Here are a few highly rated options to consider:
- Dr. Teal’s Foaming Bath: This bubble bath solution is formulated with Epsom salt and essential oils to help relax the body and soothe sore muscles. It’s also free of parabens and phthalates.
- Honest Bubble Bath: The Honest Company’s bubble bath solution is made with naturally derived ingredients and is free of harsh chemicals, synthetic fragrances, and dyes. It comes in a variety of scents, including lavender, sweet orange vanilla, and apricot kiss.
- L’Occitane Lavender Foaming Bath: This luxurious bubble bath solution is made with lavender essential oil and a blend of vegetable oils to help moisturize and nourish the skin. It has a rich, foamy texture and a calming scent.
- Aveeno Stress Relief Foaming Bath: This bubble bath solution is formulated with colloidal oatmeal and essential oils to help soothe and calm the mind and body. It’s also free of soap, dye, and parabens.
- Kneipp Bubble Bath: Kneipp’s bubble bath solutions come in a variety of scents and are made with natural plant ingredients like lavender, eucalyptus, and orange. They’re also free of paraffin, silicone, and mineral oils.
Remember to always check the ingredients list and make sure the bubble bath solution is safe for your skin type and any allergies you may have.
BEST BATH BOMBS?
Bath bombs are a popular way to add color, fragrance, and fizz to your bathwater. There are many different types of bath bombs available, so the best one for you will depend on your personal preferences and needs. Here are a few highly rated options to consider:
- Lush Bath Bombs: Lush is known for its colorful and creative bath bombs, which come in a variety of scents and designs. Some popular options include the intergalactic bath bomb, the twilight bath bomb, and the sex bomb.
- Da Bomb Bath Fizzers: Da Bomb bath fizzers are handmade in the USA and come in a variety of fun and playful shapes, such as a dinosaur egg, a ninja bomb, and a galaxy bomb. They’re also free of parabens and phthalates.
- Kneipp Bath Bombs: Kneipp’s bath bombs are made with natural plant ingredients and essential oils to help soothe and relax the body. They come in a variety of scents, including lavender, eucalyptus, and rosemary.
- Bath & Body Works Bath Bombs: Bath & Body Works offers a range of bath bombs in different scents and sizes, including seasonal options like pumpkin spice and peppermint. They’re also infused with nourishing ingredients like shea butter and coconut oil.
- Dr. Teal’s Epsom Salt Bath Bombs: Dr. Teal’s bath bombs are made with Epsom salt and essential oils to help relieve sore muscles and promote relaxation. They come in a variety of scents, including eucalyptus, lavender, and pink Himalayan.
BEST BUBBLE BARS?
Bubble bars are solid bars that create bubbles in the bath when crumbled under running water. They’re a fun and eco-friendly alternative to traditional bubble bath solutions. Here are a few highly rated options to consider:
- Lush Bubble Bars: Lush is known for its creative and colorful bubble bars, which come in a variety of scents and designs. Some popular options include the Comforter, which has a sweet blackcurrant scent, and the Milky Bath, which contains moisturizing cocoa butter.
- The Body Shop Bubble Bars: The Body Shop offers a range of bubble bars in different scents and sizes, including the Satsuma and Mango bubble bars. They’re also enriched with nourishing ingredients like shea butter and organic honey.
- Musee Bath Bubble Bars: Musee Bath’s bubble bars are handmade in the USA and are free of harsh chemicals, synthetic fragrances, and dyes. Some popular scents include lavender and eucalyptus, vanilla and almond, and peppermint and rosemary.
- Bubble Babez Bubble Bars: Bubble Babez’s bubble bars come in a variety of fun and creative shapes, such as cupcakes, ice cream cones, and donuts. They’re also made with natural ingredients like shea butter and coconut oil.
- Basin Bubble Bars: Basin’s bubble bars come in a variety of scents and colors, including lavender, grapefruit, and blueberry. They’re also free of parabens and sulfates.
BUBBLIEST BODY SOAPS?
While body soaps are not specifically designed for creating bubbles in a bathtub, some soap formulas can still create a foamy lather when used with a loofah or sponge. Here are some body soaps that are known to produce a lot of bubbles:
- Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Liquid Soap: This multi-purpose soap is made with organic and fair trade ingredients and can be used for everything from body wash to household cleaning. It comes in a variety of scents, and the peppermint and lavender versions are known to produce a lot of bubbles.
- Shea Moisture African Black Soap: This soap is made with natural ingredients like shea butter, plantain peel extract, and tea tree oil to help cleanse and moisturize the skin. When used with a loofah or sponge, it can produce a foamy lather.
- Olay Moisture Ribbons Plus Shea + Lavender Oil Body Wash: This body wash is formulated with shea butter and lavender oil to help moisturize and soothe the skin. It also produces a creamy and bubbly lather when used with a loofah or sponge.
- Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash: This body wash is designed to be gentle on the skin while providing deep hydration. It produces a rich and creamy lather that can leave the skin feeling soft and smooth.
GENERAL TIPS TO KEEP IN MIND
Getting the perfect bubble bath can be a relaxing and enjoyable experience. Here are some tips to help you achieve the best possible results:
- Use the right temperature water: Fill your bathtub with water that is the right temperature for you. Hot water can be relaxing, but it can also be dehydrating for your skin. Warm water is a good option that can help you relax without drying out your skin.
- Use a bubble bath product: Choose a high-quality bubble bath product that is designed to create a lot of bubbles. Follow the instructions on the package to get the right amount of product for your bath.
- Add bubble bath product while the water is running: Add your bubble bath product while the water is running to create the maximum amount of bubbles. Pour the product under the running water to help it disperse evenly.
- Agitate the water: Once you’ve added your bubble bath product, agitate the water with your hands to create more bubbles. Swirl the water around to create a foamy and bubbly surface.
- Enhance the experience: Add some extra touches to enhance your bubble bath experience, such as candles, music, or a book. You can also add bath salts, essential oils, or bath bombs to your bathwater for added relaxation and aromatherapy benefits.
- Be mindful of safety: Be cautious when getting in and out of the bathtub, as the bubbles and oils can make the surface slippery. Make sure to rinse off any soap or products from your skin when you’re finished to avoid irritation or dryness.
HOW CAN I INCLUDE EPSOM SALT BATHS IN MY ROUTINE?
Epsom salt baths are a popular way to relax and soothe sore muscles. This can be added into your regular foamy bath as well. Epsom salt is a naturally occurring mineral compound made of magnesium and sulfate, which can be easily dissolved in warm water. Here are some things to keep in mind when taking an Epsom salt bath, with or without your bubbles.
- Use the right amount: Follow the instructions on the package to determine the appropriate amount of Epsom salt to use for your bath. The recommended amount is typically 1 to 2 cups per bath.
- Use warm water: Fill your bathtub with warm water that is comfortable for you to relax in. Make sure the water is not too hot, as this can be dehydrating for your skin.
- Dissolve the salt: Add the Epsom salt to the warm water and use your hands to stir it until it is completely dissolved. This will ensure that the salt is evenly distributed in the bathwater.
- Soak for at least 20 minutes: Soak in the Epsom salt bath for at least 20 minutes to allow your skin to absorb the minerals. You can use this time to relax, meditate, or read a book.
- Rinse off after the bath: When you’re finished soaking, rinse off with warm water to remove any salt residue from your skin. Pat your skin dry with a towel and apply moisturizer to help lock in hydration.
Epsom salt baths can be a great way to unwind and soothe sore muscles, but it’s important to note that they may not be suitable for everyone. Always consult with a healthcare professional before trying a new wellness practice, especially if you have any health concerns or conditions.
Let us know what you think of our bubbly way to spice up your weekend?
Lots of Love,
Road Dress Travelled x