Celebrities have to manage with huge amounts of items in their wardrobe and there are a few ways in which they keep things organized. It is hard and unlikely to compare your wardrobe with a celebrity size wardrobe since, space makes so much difference in the way we arrange clothes. So, I am not going to writing about hacks that you think are impossible because of the space constraints, or are simply not affordable.
I am going to be writing some hacks by which you can keep your items organized whether it is a simple cupboard or a walk in closet.
WHAT’S basic changes can i make to IMPROVE MY WALK IN CLOSET AND CUPBoaRD?
There are a few simple ways to achieve this
- Style by Color: Arrange clothes that are of the same or similar color tone, making it super visible to wear.
- Style by Season: Arrange clothes that fall under the category of summer or winter, making it more visible and save time.
- Style by Frequency: By putting the classic clothes you wear most often together in one section of your wardrobe, you do not need to waste time searching everywhere.
- Styling by Segregating: Make sure to all your pants together, and blouses together as well as dresses in different sections to create an ease with finding what to wear.
- Style by Co-ordinating: is all about pairing up an outfit as a whole, and organizing your wardrobe in sets. It means taking a hanger and adding on a blouse, pants, scarf all together and always wearing them in this combination. This can be complicated to follow for some due to how some blouses may go with 5 different pants and keeping them in a set limits styling possibilities.
HOW CAN I INVEST IN MAKING MY CLOSET BETTER?
This is a section for those looking into designing, or investing in their wardrobes and cupboards. These are a few affordable changes you can make to your wardrobe by making these amazing additions!
#1 WOODEN HANGERS FOR A RICHER LOOK.
Match the shade of your existing wardrobe and invest in good quality hangers for your cupboard.
#2 RACKS FOR EACH PURPOSE
The next up is racks, arrange all your clothes by investing in racks and hangers in accordance to what you own.
#3 DRAWERS FOR BULK
Use drawers to store bulky, heavy clothes that use up a lot of space in your wardrobe.
Adding mirrors creates a sense of a larger space and adding a full size mirror can be an excellent investment for a wardrobe.
#1 ISLAND SEAT
Installing a little seat where you can put down your clothes for the next day is a great way to sit down and add an aesthetic.
Partitions are really great for storing handbags, and any other items in your wardrobe. Invest in one of these simple items and create vertical partitions on shelves.
#3 VERTICAL STORAGE UNITS
#4 USING NEGATIVE SPACES
Using negative spaces in the wardrobe for your accessories like scarves, hats or bags is a great way to maximize space in your wardrobe.
Those were my top ways to organize and improve your closet, and you can use this time in quarantine to do so. There are also a lot of closet organizing apps that you can download on your smartphone to line up things. Let me know if you liked today’s blog, and which ideas were absolutely new to organizing techniques.
Lots of Love,
The Road Dress Travelled x